Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"I Am Legend" Book Review



I Am LegendI Am Legend by Richard Matheson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Though it was a good story and a very interesting scientific look at the legend of vampires, I'm wondering how they made a movie out of it. Unless they changed it a lot, which sometimes studios do, it's just him barricaded in his house and being grumpy. It was a very good ending though, I didn't see it coming.

"Dance of the Dead", another short story in this collection, is nearly as bad as the movie version, starring Robert Englund. He's an incredibly underrated actor, but even he could not make that movie worth the time to watch it (again). I just couldn't give a crap about any of the characters and there wasn't enough backstory. I'm one of those people who love exposition in a book. Provided it doesn't go on for a hundred pages.

"Mad House" was disturbing and I can see how Matheson influenced Stephen King. "The Funeral" was funny, but I'm still wondering if that was Chthulu or not. In "Person to Person," that guy was a bitch, but it's still a shame he lost his mind.


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment