Sunday, March 25, 2012

"History of A Suicide" Book Review



History of a Suicide: My Sister's Unfinished LifeHistory of a Suicide: My Sister's Unfinished Life by Jill Bialosky
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was so sad, as you can imagine just by reading the title. The pain in these passages of grief has cured me of any desire or thought of an unnatural end for myself. I would never in a million years want to place that blame, sorrow, aching horror on anyone I know. As for the suicide note, for me, there would never be enough time or words to explain to the people in my life what they have meant to me and to thank them for what they have done for me. I'd much rather be with them in the long run and to tell them myself if I plucked up the courage. I'll still have depression, for a while at least, and it may be crippling some days, but I'll fight it. This may have been TMI for many people who might read this review, but this book has touched me and inspired me to be stronger than I am now. It is a shame to learn it from the pain someone else had and still is experiencing from a loss that can only be explained through possibilities and "what ifs" because the central figure is no longer there to say why it happened and why for them it couldn't have been helped or stopped.


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment