Friday, November 30, 2012

Children's Book Classics as Minimalist Posters!

"Goldilocks & the Three Bears"
copyright Christian Jackson.
I originally saw this on another blogger's post, which you can find here: http://thebookbind.blogspot.com/.

Although I do not at first look like I would enjoy anything that is distilled down into a simple picture, I actually do love minimalist work!

After being forced to do it for a class project - IT'S REALLY HARD! - I have the utmost admiration for those who can do it and do it well!

This artist, Christian Jackson (who you can find here), decided to do a few posters of beloved children's book classics.

Here are a few of my favorites:

"Little Red Riding Hood"
copyright Christian Jackson.

You can see them in their entirety on Brain Pickings' blog or you can go to the artist's, Christian Jackson, site here.

"The Wizard of Oz"
copyright Christian Jackson.
"The Princess and the Pea"
copyright Christian Jackson.
.

1 comment: