Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Holy Musical B@man" Musical Review

This is a little known musical production by Starkid Productions (the people responsible for 'AVery Potter Musical') that can be watched on Youtube at a URL I will put at the bottom of this blog entry so you will have to read the whole thing to get to it! Muahahahaahahaahaha!

Or you just skip the reading bit and just scroll down to the bottom. I'll try not to hate you forever.

But anyway, it is indeed called 'Holy Musical B@man' (which is also the title of the wonderful first number in the show). Anyway, I freaking loved the show! The music was catchy and awesome! The actors were hot and fantastic! The costumes and lighting and scenery was incredible!





The story is about.... BATMAN!!! What else do you need to know?! Batman, played by the delectable Joseph Walker, has a new archnemesis named Sweet Tooth, played by Jeff Blim, who has the best stage presence EVAR! (Yes, I spelled that wrong, which means it's even more epic than usual!) I also read the best comment, except now I can't find it, so I can't credit the person who wrote it. Oh well, here it is anyway, I'm sure they'll let me know: "If someone had told me before watching this video that I was about to fall in love with a man with blue hair and a pink suit, I would've punched them in the face!" lol Best comment evar!
His 'oh' face, I'm sure.

Also, Superman, played by Brian Holden, shows up and all of the jokes that can be made about Batman vs. Superman's superpowers are mentioned. There is also a song and dance between Batman and Robin, played by Nick Lang, and it is indeed as gay as it sounds. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hold me tight!





I think this is the only way Batman should be seen ever again! Not just dark and lonely and emo, but singing and wearing tights (screw that Christian Bale version!)

This is almost right up there with the George Clooney version, except it isn't horrible and not likely to blind you after a second viewing.

By the by, I think Joseph Walker shouldn't wear clothes as often as possible! Is that possible?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL96B8289ADF77A8C4&feature=plcp

UPDATE: I knew there was a reason I felt as if I had heard the "Rise Up, Rise Up" bad guys musical number, because it sounds very similiar to: "The Heart of Rock and Roll" by Huey Lewis and The News. They play this song at my work all of the time. I cry myself to sleep every night.




No comments:

Post a Comment