Monday, December 16, 2013

"Wanted" Manga Book Review

WantedWanted by Matsuri Hino
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

• From the creator of MeruPuri and Vampire Knight, also available from VIZ Media.• 40-page bonus story included (unrelated to Wanted)

• Vampire Knight and MeruPuri combined have sold through over 150k units in the U.S. to date.

• To be previewed and promoted in the August 2008 issue of Shojo Beat magazine.

• Japanese fans have been asking for a sequel.

"In the Mediterranean at end of the 17th century, former songstress Armeria disguises herself as a boy and boards the ship of the pirate Skulls--the man who kidnapped Luce, her first love. Captain Skulls is arrogant, violent, and a skirt chaser! And unfortunately for Armeria, he discovers she's a woman..."

I enjoyed this one-shot of manga. I thought it was beautifully drawn and written. I loved the artwork! I heard that there is a second part to this series, but it hasn't been translated yet? Which is good, because there was a bit of a cliff-hanger at the end.

I enjoyed Matsuri Hino's other work "Meri Puri" which is a four book series and beautifully done.

Overall, I liked it and am looking forward to more!

View all my reviews
Arrr! 3.5 stars out of 5! Arrrg!

No comments:

Post a Comment