Friday, October 4, 2013

Bridal Shower Umbrella SOLD!!!

Image copyright 2013
by Kara Muller.
I had already purchased the umbrella from another seller at a craft show that I was attending. I had bought it because I thought it was pretty and I'm a sucker for fluffy stuff.

Image copyright 2013
by Kara Muller.
Anyway, it laid in my room for a few years before I found it again and realized it should have a second life with someone else. It already had some wonderful lace covering it (even on the inside), so I just wanted to perk it up some before selling it.

Image copyright
2013
by Kara Muller.
Image copyright 2013
by Kara Muller.
So I gave it a bit of a crafty face-lift:

* cleaned the handle,
* redecorated it with new flowers on the inside,
* added more of those same flowers to cover up the ugly metal prongs on the end,
* added a huge bow to cover up the metal tip at the top,
* used a tiny bit of bleach on some dark spots


Image copyright 2013
by Kara Muller.
Image copyright 2013
by Kara Muller.
And voila, beautiful once again!

I've called it a bridal shower umbrella, but it can also be used as a prop in a theatre production or what have you!

To buy it, go here to my Etsy store listing. To see more pictures of it, go here to my Facebook page photo album "Projects 2013". Be sure to 'like' my page while you're there and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment