Monday, April 16, 2012

"The Woman in Black" Book Review




The Woman in Black (Movie Tie-in Edition): A Ghost StoryThe Woman in Black (Movie Tie-in Edition): A Ghost Story by Susan Hill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

SPOILER ALERT!!! Read at your own transgression.

I enjoyed this book; it was a very fast read. In comparison to Stephen King and others like him, it was scary but not scary enough. Although the incidents that happened in this book are more like an actual haunting. Not a whole lot happened but it was still kind of spooky.

In comparison to the movie version, it was slightly more informative about certain characters but I think the movie was better. There was more heartbreak in the movie. I think the movie's ending was better, because Mr. Arthur Kipps was with his family then. At the end of the book he watched his family get killed.

I still feel the same way about the ghost though: she is a bitch. An unforgivable bitch. You could feel sorry for her a bit but then all those kids died and Kipps lost his family and it was like "no, I don't feel sorry for you anymore."


View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment